Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hills Like White Elephants

This story struck me.  I really like the symbolism of the train station, with one side being deep valleys and darkness, and the other side being green grassy hills.  It showed that if she took one way, he life would be doomed and if the took the other..then there was light at the end of the tunnel.  It was about a man and a woman who were talking at a train station about whether or not she should get an abortion.  I also was confused with this ending, because I do not know whether she ended up getting one.  I do not believe in abortion at all, so this was not my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this story. This was one of the most interesting one's to read and i agree with you in a way because i believe that abortion is wrong but then again i guess the person has to do whats right for them. I wouldn't want to bring a child in this world if i couldn't support it. But i enjoyed reading your post because i really liked it.

    ReplyDelete